-->

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Whiskey and other wholesome things

It's January 20th and it's quite possible that you have already broken your New Year's resolution. I feel like I've been bombarded by articles this month about diet, exercise, and 100 ways to be a better person. I don't think I was all that bad of a person coming into 2016, but I'm willing to consider some of these tips.



Today, I read an article on why I should try oil pulling. I've been using coconut oil for EVERYTHING lately. It's been an extraordinarily dry winter in New England and on top of that, I've been spending a majority of my time outside, skiing in the harsh cold wind and weather. If I'm not skiing, I'm huddled like a troll in front of some source of  very dry heat (e.g. pellet stove, space heater, car vents). For those reasons, I've been using coconut oil in my hair, in addition to a normal facial moisturizer, and any other dry patches (pretty much my whole body). So, I'll give oil pulling a try and see how it goes.

Other things I've been liking to swish around in my mouth lately include rye whiskey and warming whiskey cocktails like hot toddies. We stopped by the Vermont Spirits store front in Quechee, VT on our way home from skiing last weekend to try a few things. The Apple Brandy was pretty delicious, but we'll be patiently awaiting the release of their next batch of whiskey.

Photo credit above to the internet genius who created it (it was not me).






No comments:

Post a Comment