-->

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Off season

In November and December everyone was all "busy holiday season!", "so busy", "buzzing through the holidays". We were all "we're going skiing".



When I started this blog, I had the full intent of showing the balance in our lives. We didn't grow up farming, so raising animals for meat is something very new to us. It's been time consuming, but hasn't been life consuming. I had every intention of saying "See! you can have a normal life and make steps towards sustainable living too!" I'm not sure I've done that though. I have definitely showcased our travel and beer habits a bit, but a lot of the posts fall in the scary-animal-raising-and-killing-and-I-don't-think-I-could-do-that category. We both have full time jobs that we are passionate about, we have lots of hobbies (as documented here), and we still manage to plan ahead.So, in 2016 I will balance that with the we-go-out-on-the-weekends-and-live-a-semi-normal-life-while-still-thinking-about-our-future-and-the-future-of-the-planet category. Cause that's all that we really need to do, right? Live our lives in a way that's making us happy, but not completely sabotaging our external environment at the same time? So here is to 40+ days of skiing this season, farm prep for the Spring, and continuing to build a healthy foundation for our future.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment