-->

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pests

"Welcome this is a farmhouse. We have cluster flies, alas, and this time of year is bad." 

It is almost October! I can't even believe it. But I knew Fall was coming...not because of the beautiful leaves or the chilly mornings. It was the flies. Late Fall and early winter last year we noticed an alarming amount of flies in our house. We didn't think too much about it, we just thought a few house flies had gotten in. Long story short - cluster flies are a real thing and they are back :) 

To add to the excitement: I looked in the pantry today and noticed little nibbles taken out of our bulk food bags. I should have known better because we went through this last Fall with a mouse. I packed up all of our bulk foods into containers which will deter them a bit. 

It's just that time of year where everything wants a warm place to live. Life in a farmhouse isn't always as chic as Pinterest makes it out to be, but it's still pretty great. 

Welcome this is a farmhouse - Phish

"I never ever saw the northern lights, I never really heard of cluster-flies, I never ever saw the stars so bright, in the farmhouse things will be all right"

No comments:

Post a Comment