-->

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wood Boat Brewery

It's been a while since I shared a brewery visit, but breweries are places that we find ourselves at pretty regularly - so I should probably share more often.


Wood Boat Brewery opened in Clayton, NY sometime last year and has been a popular spot for locals and thousand island tourists ever since. I was told by everyone that I had to have the Channel Marker IPA ^^




The bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers didn't take quite as much convincing. Served with a raspberry sauce! Delicious and something I'm thinking won't be too hard to make at home.


I love a brewery that has good wood fired pizza and these were great. I'm pretty picky about crust and sauce. It's hard to find pizza these days where both are good! I ordered their milk stout while we ate, which was my favorite.


If you go, spend some time in the area! The thousand islands region in New York is beautiful and it's  a somewhat hidden gem. There is plenty to do and see and it's a fun weekend getaway in the summer.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment