-->

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Tipsy TED Talks

I've loved TED talks since they were first introduced to me in college. Giving a TED talk is on my bucket list (a talk that would be a perfect mix of community health/beer/hobby farming). I actually didn't realize that you could create an account on ted.com, but now that I know, look out. 


Mark this as the day that Tipsy TED Talks was born on Farmbrews. Tonight I enjoyed a refreshing Dunkel from von Trapp Brewing and I am kicking this "TTT" off with a great talk by Simon Sinek. 

His theories about what make a good leader really make you think about how far we have come and made me question if we have may have over complicated some things along the way. Sometimes I think that as humans, one of our greatest challenges is our brain. We create complexities for things that should be so simple. When we started keeping animals, that became very apparent. I read so many blogs on how to keep chickens it made my head spin. I was convinced that every chick would end up with some terrible defect because we did something wrong. Every chicken was fine and in the end, the only deaths were caused by predators. Simplicity. 

What I loved about Sinek's talk on "Why good leaders make you feel safe" is that he subtly reminds us about how simple it is to be a good leader. Take care of your people and your people will take care of you.


I hope you were able to take a few minutes to enjoy this talk and maybe a good beer too!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment