-->

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Refreshed

We sunned, we boated, we swam, we snorkeled,  ate fish, drank rum and Bahamian beer. We honeymooned! In the Abacos.

I took a hiatus (again...) to thoroughly enjoy all this honeymooning.

I also had plenty of time to reflect on a few more things to be grateful for, so here it goes...

1. Paid time off. I mean seriously. I think people who get PTO take it for granted, "Oh, you don't get paid to go on vacation?" I know how fortunate I am to have a job that grants me vacation days without having it cut into my pay. It probably comes from working retail jobs through college, but I know it's not a privilege given to every hard working person.

2. A (developing) sense of direction. But what I'm really grateful for, is a husband with a better sense of direction than me! Especially in new places.

3. A life that we love so much, that even when the water is crystal clear, the sun is shining, and the rum drinks are flowing like waterfalls...we can look at each other and say "It will be nice to go home". I think people work forever to build a life like that. I'm so so soooo grateful to have it so early on.


I was so excited to come back to comments and questions on previous posts and will get to those and back to hobby farming/beer brewing blogging ASAP

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad your back and that it was anazing! Hope there's lots more pictures and tales to come! We are the same way it's nice to go places but we're always happy to come home and that's a beautiful feeling!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete