-->

Sunday, October 19, 2014

A night in


Between the wedding and other life/work events, things have been busy. Writing here has actually been my opportunity for calm and relief. We took Friday night as an opportunity for a night in. We mixed up some Gin Bucks, steamed an artichoke, and made this goat cheese dip for a left over baguette that hadn't been eaten this week. 

The recipe for the dip is from a friend and is sooo easy. It's also a good way to use up some cherry tomatoes if you have any left from your garden. 

Heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Pour 1/2 tablespoon of EVOO into a small baking dish. Take about two handfuls of red (seedless) grapes, two handfuls of cherry tomatoes (or sungold), and two stems of rosemary and toss them in the dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes. When the grapes and tomatoes are roasted, mix in half of a log of good quality goat cheese (I used Vermont Creamery's herbed goat cheese for extra flavor). 

For one Gin Buck:

Copper mug (or any cocktail glass will do)
1.5 ounces gin
1/2 of a lime, squeezed and lime wedge for garnish
4 ounces of ginger beer
Ice

Now I'm wishing we could hit rewind and start this weekend all over again. 


1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing! Well kinda- I've never quite taken to goat cheese but maybe I just haven't tried a great one. I want to like it! I love artichokes but don't actually know how to prepare one myself- any tips?

    ReplyDelete