-->

Sunday, September 14, 2014

World's Fair 2014

We made our annual pilgrimage to the world's fair on a rainy Saturday.

Before heading out to the fair grounds, we split some buffalo chicken macaroni & cheese and a farmhouse salad with heirloom tomatoes and the works at the Cornerstone, paired with some yummy beers.


[Lost Nation's Rustic Red ale & Lawson's Sip of Sunshine]

We braved the weather in our rain jackets and muck boots for the oxen pull, sheep show, and my annual smoked turkey leg! I decided I had to try the deep fried Oreos...not the healthiest, but once a year won't kill you, right?


The world's fair is a northern New England staple. Lots of old-timey paraphernalia from the region and it's fun to see all blue ribbon winners for the pumpkins, zucchinis, and other contests. I saw one contest that looked like it was farm photography. I may have to enter next year!

I was so impressed by the sheep show. I can't imagine what it's like to be one of these kids. You spend all year (or longer) raising an animal to show at the fair. One little girl was so nervous that she was crying...and me being the over-feeler that I am, welled up with tears right there with her! Neither of us grew up farm kids and I often wonder if we would be doing what we are if we had.

With the rain and the cold, it was a real notice that fall is here! Time to fire up the pellet stove.

2 comments:

  1. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by to read! :)

    ReplyDelete