-->

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Goodbye, Summer 2014

This summer was an amazing season of firsts. We moved into our first owned home, got our first lambs, first chickens and went to all sorts of restaurants, breweries, and local events for the first time. I have to admit that when we moved back east last year, I was a little afraid that we wouldn't have many more firsts since S grew up nearby. While it has been great to have a local tour guide, I'm happy to say that we have also experienced many new adventures.

It was a beautiful summer. Everyone keeps saying it was "colder than average", but I didn't notice.


We enjoyed a lot of beautiful sunsets with red and yellow and pink skies.




Even though it was our second summer back east, I think we took greater appreciation in the greenery and outdoors. Repairing fences or cleaning up around the barnyard didn't feel like a chore when we got to enjoy beautiful views.





This summer was also the first time I tried raw milk! Which I loved. I'm not sure we could get into dairy, it's a bit more time consuming than what we currently want, but I'm happy to buy it from local farmers.



So, a goodbye to the summer of 2014, but a welcome to an autumn full of more firsts!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post as always, your farm looks so nice and clean. We have been buying raw milk for five years now and love it, the health benefits are unreal, but sweet Kaleb is just not wanting to do it himself yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I showed you our compost and brush pile, it would not be so pretty :) I'm sorry you have had a rough week, but I can't imagine how great it must be to raise those little babies on the farm.

      Delete